Prior to founding Yuson & Irvine, Sol was a member of the outsourcing, emerging business and technology groups at Morgan Lewis & Bockius and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman. Sol brings deep technical knowledge to the legal issues unique to enterprise technology purchasing, IT and business process outsourcing, web and network services, data management, privacy and data protection.
Sol’s experience spans a wide range of technical disciplines. From the start of his legal career, he has focused on the intersections of law and leading edge technologies. Recognizing that traditional approaches to commercial agreements are inadequate for handling today’s innovative technologies, Sol believes in developing sensible contract approaches to fit modern technology products and IT service delivery models.
Sol studied privacy and competition laws at Tulane University’s Comparative Law program, at the European Commission in Brussels, the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg and at University of Amsterdam’s European Union studies program.
Privacy & Data Protection
- Drafted global data protection policy for a leading global news organization.
- Handled comprehensive analysis of a major entertainment company’s trans-border data compliance.
- Advised U.S. arm of a leading Japanese manufacturer on U.S. and global data protection.
- Advised leading financial institution on privacy and data protection implications of data center strategies in South Asia.
- Advised clients across a broad range of sectors on development and adoption of privacy policies, data security policies, and data risk management strategies.
- Advised leading Internet retailer on multi-year hosting and web development outsourcing.
- Advised leading entertainment company on co-marketing, fulfillment, transport, SEO, advertising and ecommerce transactions.
Routine Technology Purchasing
- Handled overflow of routine IT and sourcing agreements for leading asset managers, including software licensing and development, hosting, data center services, cloud computing, ERP, finance, recruiting, and CRM solutions.
- Advised leading multinational consumer products company on end-to-end restructuring of its procurement policies and procedures, including development of playbooks, workflows, templates, best practices, and quality assurance protocols.
- Represented major record labels and film studios in multi-vendor negotiations for world-wide infrastructure consolidation of voice, data, and wireless network services.
- Handled complex outsourcing and transformation of client-facing, front, middle and back-office functions for leading asset management firms, including custody of over $1T AUM.
- Represented and advised a major record music label on global sourcing strategies for off-shoring of services ranging from finance and accounting to application development.
- Handled complex transition services agreements for divestiture of a leading film and television studio.
- Represented private equity firms in consolidation and separation of IT services during merger/spin-off activity.